So I have started buying more white fleshed fish to eat for dinner. For 2 reasons really, firstly its just so quick and easy and the other is I didn’t realise how high in protein fish white flesh fish actually is.
I had a hankering for those crisp, fresh flavours of a Thai salad. Google and Taste kindly supplied me with this recipe which I adapted.
SESAME FISH WITH TASTY THAI SALAD
- white fillet of fish
- light dusting of flour
- almond meal
- sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- splash of milk
- Lightly dust fish with flour, dip in egg and milk mixture.
- Combine almond meal and sesame seeds in a bowl, coat fish in mixture pressing it onto the fish.
- Cook fish in pan with a little olive oil, browning fish on each side.
- 1/2 loosely packed cup Thai basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 loosely packed cup Vietnamese mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 loosely packed coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- mixed salad leaves
- fried shallots (alternatively finely chopped red onion rings)
- 1 chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- few drops of sesame oil
- juice of half a juicy lime
- Combine all leaves in a bowl. When ready to serve top with shallots and dressing.